Linksys wireless router won't connect

Reaction score
I have a LinksysWTR54G v2.2 wireless. I am running through a Motorola Surfboard. I am running Leopard 10.5.8. Sometimes my router works, sometimes it doesn't. What I can see is that the router isn't getting an ip address. I log into the router and go to the status page, and it just comes up 0's. I've tried renewing it, but it won't. I've also made sure to clone the mac address and have ran many many power cycles. Any help would be awesome please.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
When you say the router isnt getting an IP address? Do you mean that its dropping the IP address that your ISP normally assigns to you? Have you tried updating the firmware on the router?

OP
R
Reaction score
Well, I'm exactly sure who my isp would be because I live in an apartment complex and we go through something called the "Bloom Network" which I think it's only our complex that has it. I can tell you we were never given an specific ip address. And yes, I have tried updating the firmware.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
Your ISP generally, unless you have a static ip address will automatically assign your router an address to communicate with their systems but it sounds like your router is having problems holding that address. Probably doesnt help but if you can find out who your ISP is you could make sure all the settings the generally have on their site match the ones saved in your router

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.