help with date and time ibook g3

Reaction score
yeah hey i own a super-old ibook g3 with osx 10.4 and i accidently deleted system preferences and now i cant go on almost any websites that i have to login to (because date and time has been randomly set to 1969 and the certificates are'nt yet valid supposedly)
i dont have the original install disks so could someone show me how else i could get system prefs back onto my old computer or if not could someone show me how i could set the initial date and time with another program?
thx,
Ruptur3d

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved to correct forum. Has nothing to do with "Community Suggestions and Feedback".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
Did you literally "delete" system Preferences? Or did you just drag it out of the dock? You should still be able to click the time at the top and change it.

OP
R
Reaction score
Did you literally "delete" system Preferences? Or did you just drag it out of the dock? You should still be able to click the time at the top and change it.

i acctually literally deleted it. and when i did delete it it didnt say that i couldnt...

and when i go the top and click "open date and time" it just comes up with a .prefpane file and opens it like its a directory...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
Well... try searching for System Preferences in spotlight, other than that you're gonna probably gonna need to buy a retail OS X disc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.