WD MyBook + Time Machine HELP!!!!

Reaction score
Hi guys, sorry to post again!

I cant seem to get my head around what I am trying to do and its driving me mad, so any help would be appreciated!

I have 2 Macs and 1 Windows laptop that I want to back up to my shiny new 1tb WD MyBook World edition. I know that I can use time machine to back up the macs, and the macs can both see the drive and will both back up to it, but I can not find the data on the HDD from the other machine. Each mac has "MyBookWorld" in "Shared" and has "Time Machine Backups" on the desktop, but clicking "Time Machine Backups" only allows me to see the data from which ever machine I am on. Clicking "MyBookWorld" in "shared" allows me to see "Download" and "Public" folders... but thats it... No mention of "Time Machine Backups"

What I am used to, with my not network external HDD is just seeing "Time Machine backups" when I plug it in and when I click it, I get "Imac" and "MacBook Pro"

I willing to go right back to the start, and have in fact restored the HDD to its factory settings so I can start from scratch.

Just to throw a spanner in the works, I would like to also back up a windows machine to the drive as well once I have the macs sorted.

The WD website doesnt seem to help, and I cant find where to start and am pulling my hair out.

Someone please help! lol

Thanks,

Adam

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.