Bypass

Reaction score
My 2001 iBook has never failed me in 9 years of continuous use. Until now. The screen is gone, probably the cable. No backlight. No parts available. But the HD is fine. Any suggestions on how I can get more use out of it, while I wait for the moment when I can buy a new computer? Can it be repaired?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your iBook can probably be repaired if you're willing to spend the money. Is it practical to do so? Probably not. You've gotten 9 years usage out of it, time to retire it and buy a new machine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
These things always had video problems, something about the video card soldered to the logic board badly? Anyway, you don't have to throw it out... Pick up an old monitor. (Even an older CRT of you have room) And see if you can find a mini VGA connector for it. Then you can use it as a desktop until you get a new computer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.