My network doesn't show anymore

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 5,5
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. I have a 1tb time machine connected to my wife's iMac via ethernet. I thought I would see how it was doing and in the process of opening it to see if it was backing up files I noticed it was configured to wireless instead of ethernet so I shut the wireless feature off. Big mistake. Now I have no internet for it even though it's still connected with ethernet. A default ip address was installed so I put the right one back in. It also shut off wireless my MacBookPro plus my network name has vanished from the available wireless networks list. I don't know what to do, now. Any ideas?? Thanx

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 5,5
OK . . . I read the manual and got things to work again. Pretty easy, actually I just had to reinstall the TC from scratch and set up the wireless network again. Used my old SSID and key. Slick. Carry on.:Cool:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.