What version of Pages saved this file?

Reaction score
It's been years since I worked on a Mac and I'm a little lost. (My last Mac ran os 7, I think.)

Somehow I've ended up with a Pages file. After doing a bit of research, I haven't come up with any solution that will let me open it on my windows or linux machines. I went to my mother's Mac and tried to open it there, but it tells me it was saved in an incompatible version of Pages. Her computer seems to be running 2.0.1.

Is there a way to tell what version of Pages saved this file so I can upgrade Mom's machine to it? Or some other way to pry the text out of a Pages file?

Thanks, Llama

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
It's been years since I worked on a Mac and I'm a little lost. (My last Mac ran os 7, I think.)

Somehow I've ended up with a Pages file. After doing a bit of research, I haven't come up with any solution that will let me open it on my windows or linux machines. I went to my mother's Mac and tried to open it there, but it tells me it was saved in an incompatible version of Pages. Her computer seems to be running 2.0.1.

Is there a way to tell what version of Pages saved this file so I can upgrade Mom's machine to it? Or some other way to pry the text out of a Pages file?

Thanks, Llama

That's odd. Why not just ask the person who created it? Or whoever was last able to read it? Are you even absolutely certain it is a Pages file?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.