Just bought 13' MacBook Pro, considering returning for the 15'

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just purchased my first Apple computer- a 13' Macbook Pro. I just bought the base model. Its far faster than anything Ive had in the past and it does suit my needs pretty darn well. No gaming or extreme computing. However, given the cost of the computer I plan to keep it for a while.

I saw that it would basically be about $500 more to upgrade to the 15' i5. Do you think the upgrade is worth it for someone with my kind of needs? I dont just search the web, I do have software I use daily to run my business, personal use, college, etc.

I read a lot of the other threads regarding the differences just not sure if they pertain to someone with my type of needs. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I prefer the bigger screen, and the computing power of the 15" range, however, IMHO, it doesn't sound like you need the extra boost or screen size.
May serve you well to wait until you need something with more power and screen size, and put that $500 towards your next purchase in yrs to come, when there will be a newer technology that you might actually want or need.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
What kind of software are you needing it to run? I was stuck between the 13 and the 15 as well but ended up going for the 13 just because of that portability and that extra hour of battery life. I don't game so much so the graphics card was not a major, nor do I do any video editing or CPU intensive stuff but even then, running most games through Bootcamp was rather impressive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ
I have the base MBP 13. If you need bigger screen, gaming, or uses graphic intense software or video on a constant basis go with the MBP 15. If not stick with the MBP 13. The different graphics card has a lot to do with this also. The MBP 13 is no slouch. It's still capable of doing the 3 things mentioned just not as well compared to the 15. Everything else you need to do, I found the MBP 13 is fantastic!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.