Synching ipad?

Reaction score
Just bought a 32 gig ipad. When I synched it the first time a box opened and said an ipad had already been synched to this computer. This is not possible. My MPB has never had an ipad synched to it. I checked the circle to set it up as a new ipad. When it synched all of the apps and music on my iphone 4 were installed on the ipad. The ipad is for my daughter so I had to go back and remove most of that and install the things I wanted her to have. Now, what is going to happen when I synch my iphone? Will it keep what I have on it or will it install what is on her ipad? I'm afraid to try it.

Reaction score
Just bought a 32 gig ipad. When I synched it the first time a box opened and said an ipad had already been synched to this computer. This is not possible. My MPB has never had an ipad synched to it. I checked the circle to set it up as a new ipad. When it synched all of the apps and music on my iphone 4 were installed on the ipad. The ipad is for my daughter so I had to go back and remove most of that and install the things I wanted her to have. Now, what is going to happen when I synch my iphone? Will it keep what I have on it or will it install what is on her ipad? I'm afraid to try it.

They are two completely seperate beasts, I sync my iPad and my iPhone4 to my computer all the time without issue and have very different libraries of video and music on them. I set up playlists for my ipad and iphone and unselected the option that said sync all videos and sync all music in their respective tabs in itunes when the device is selected. As long as you unselect the sync all options in the two tabs and create playlists for the individual devices you shouldn't have any issues at all.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.