macbook pro trackpad clicking problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mb air
I got a macbook pro nov last year, 2-3 weeks ago it started having issues with clicking. So frustrating I have to push really hard for it to register a click in some places. It's ridiculous.

I took it into Apple store and they said they'd fix it. One week later, they told me they just unscrewed and re-screwed the trackpad on and didn't replace it. Now it's still crap and useless.

Anyone else have this issue? In some places of the trackpad you have to push really hard or it won't register clicks?

I think I have to go back and waste a lot of time again unless someone can suggest some software things I can try?

Reaction score
Well now this is very disappointing to hear! My 8 month old Macbook trackpad is doing the same thing. Very unresponsive to clicks. It has gotten to where it hardly registers a click at all and I have to use an external mouse for it. I was planning to take it into an Apple store soon to be serviced, but now I am not as hopeful as I was that they'll be able to resolve it.

After you took it in, was it better at first? Or was it never fixed at all?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ
I have a MBP13 all area of the trackpad is clickable except the top 25%. I think that's by design.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mb air
hey guys! good news I just got back from apple store today.

i went first thing in the morning at 9 am and talked to them. i wasn't angry just pretty upset and told them i'm going on a trip tomorrow and i've been try to fix this for a week. there's so many newbie hires there, they got confused. i said the guy yesterday told me to just bring it back and they can replace it on the spot today (because they didn't do anything first time-just take it off and put it on again), luckily she agreed and put in a order to replace the trackpad. i tried the computer myself while she was processing the order to demonstrate the problem but the clicks were working... luckily she didn't make me show her, so i didn't show her.

at 12 i got a msg saying they replaced the trackpad but damaged my display casing in process and so replaced that also....

when i got to the store at lunch. their concierge ipad app was down so there was chaos there, and service lines super long. i waited for 20-25 mins and jumped the queue by asking the guy who told me to come back yesterday.

i tried it and now my trackpad is amazing! i'm very happy. so it was a hardware issue.

now i'm a scared of typing on my keyboard normally because i'm afraid that might break also, and if it's out of warranty, I'm in trouble...

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mb air
crap..

i just realised there's a small dent in the display on the side. i think it's a new display because he said he replaced mine (after damaging it). should i go to the store and ask or just live with it because it's working now?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.