My os 9 wont load!!

Reaction score
Hi i have manged to install mac os 9.1 onto os x, but it wont load it up.

When i try to it says:

There are no localized classic-specific resources to update the selected system folder, “mac OS 9.1/system folder”.

Please select another system folder from classic preferences.

What do i do?

thanks from cazza

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
If you plan to install both Mac OS X and Mac OS 9.1 on the same volume, you really should install Mac OS 9.1 first. If you have seperate volume, you should be able to do a clean install of OS 9.1 onto it.

OP
C
Reaction score
i have tried loading the os first, i have the original os 8.5 system restore discs as well as the os 9.1 and os x.

i am actually trying to load it back to the original os 8.5, but i put the cd in and hold c and nothing happens. i have tried wiping the hard drive using os x installer, and ejecting the cd and putting in the imac software restore disc but it just flashes a folder with a question mark.

i am completely stuck, any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Assuming this is one of the later G3 iMacs, there should be a 'reset' button on the input ports panel. Press and hold that for about 10 seconds, then release it. Then insert your OS 8.5 disk and try booting from it again. Be sure to hold down the "C" key until you see a desktop. If you are imediately getting the "?" folder, then there is likely something wrong with your install disk. Try doing this with each of your install disks (OS 9 and OS X). If these are all retail versions and not copies, they should boot while holding down the "C" key. If none of them boot up, and you only see the "?" mark, there is likely something more involved at play here.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.