Where to buy 10.5 ?

Reaction score
Hi !

I've a iMac G5 and it's still running on 10.3.9, the OSx that came with the computer when I bought it.

Now, nothing will install, my browsers are outdated and I really need to upgrade my little baby !

Does anybody know where I can still by Leopard 10.5 (for PPC) ? I'm looking everywhere on the Internet and can't seem to find anywhere to buy it !

Thanks for your advice !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
First, a caution: Don't buy a machine-specific disc. They are grey, and will only install on the same model they shipped with.

If you can't find the "retail disc" (black) on eBay or some other web site, try Apple.com.
Go to the online store, and call the toll free number.
6 months ago, they still had some, but were not advertising it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
As you will see from Zoolook's thread, it is quite amazing the price Leopard discs are bringing, about 50% dearer than when released brand new. Also check out the trading section of these forums as Leopard does come up from time to time.

And as toMACsh advised, only purchase the black coloured full retail install DVD, not a silver.grey model specific system install disc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.