can't find driver

Reaction score
And so I finally got Vista on my mac, now the question I have is why I can't hear anything on the Vista side.... I have the drivers installed for the sound device, but still no sound....
any ideas

OP
S
Reaction score
well then... now its more... now theres no device... I'm just lost now....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
And so I finally got Vista on my mac, now the question I have is why I can't hear anything on the Vista side.... I have the drivers installed for the sound device, but still no sound....
any ideas

Did you install the Boot Camp drivers off your OS X install disc?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Just what I was was thinking!

OP
S
Reaction score
yeh, i installed everything right... it worked for about an hour then I shut the computer down and booted it up the next day, at first it just wasn't working, now it's just saying that there isn't a sound device... works perfectly on mac, just not on vista.... I'm gonna clear out the partition and do it all over again... any suggestions on the proper way to do... like step by step... if you know a link, it'd be great... but that whole, just put in the disk obviously didn't work... it kept installing cirrus and realtek, and it was just confusing for me, I'm a novice to mac, so bear with me please...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yeh, i installed everything right... it worked for about an hour then I shut the computer down and booted it up the next day, at first it just wasn't working, now it's just saying that there isn't a sound device... works perfectly on mac, just not on vista.... I'm gonna clear out the partition and do it all over again... any suggestions on the proper way to do... like step by step... if you know a link, it'd be great... but that whole, just put in the disk obviously didn't work... it kept installing cirrus and realtek, and it was just confusing for me, I'm a novice to mac, so bear with me please...

What model and year of Mac do you have, and what version of OS X?

OP
S
Reaction score
Well, I did some tinkering and I figured it out...
All I had to do was go into the device manager and uninstall the driver and check the box to delete all the files... I rebooted the computer, while offline, didn't work while I was online, and it found the driver installed and now it works...

so is there a solved button on here somewhere...
I do appreciate all your help...

OP
S
Reaction score
so where can I post the solution to this so I can explain exactly what I did. I just want everyone Rooks to Vets of mac to know incase it happens to them....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
so where can I post the solution to this so I can explain exactly what I did. I just want everyone Rooks to Vets of mac to know incase it happens to them....

You already did. :)

Reaction score
A Fix for Boot Camp Vista Sound

I thought the issue I was having with Boot Camp using Vista was with my computer. I have a 2 yr old MacBook Pro and uploaded Vista in a Boot Camp partition. It worked fine.

Until I bought my daughter a 2010 MacBook Pro. I did the same thing on hers but the sound didn't work. I tried to fix it for two solid days.

I did fix it.

I downloaded the Windows service pack, both of them, for Vista. Once I did that I re-installed Boot Camp drivers. You may have to go in and delete the current sound drivers, but once done you can install your drivers again. Bang, it works.

Good luck.

Reaction score
Yep, just to add to this thread for anyone that might find it via search. Once you install the OS via Boot Camp make sure that you have Windows install all the patches and service packs. 99% of the time that will solve your problems.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The best fix for anything Vista is update to Windows 7. :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.