Firefox almost totally dead

Reaction score
FF started freezing on a once in awhile basis in June '10 and despite trying various fixes, it is now worse than ever and freezes every 2 minutes, literally.

I've tried removing add ons, various applications (silverlight, labtick) and the more I try to repair it, the worse I've made it. I installed an earlier version 3.0 but that failed to fix it.

I'm currently using Safari but want FF back!! Please help!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Trash Firefox completely and download the latest version.
Also, verify your permissions in disk utility, and repair them.
That should sort any issues.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
As above..... But you may need to use AppCleaner or AppZapper to locate all the associated files.
The reason I say 'locate' is that before trashing, if using AppCleaner for instance, you may want to keep your bookmarks! Therefore, you'll want to look at the files to see where the bookmarks are located, and uncheck that before you trash the rest.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.