Remote App does not work

Reaction score
Alright I've long been trying to figure out why when I plug my iPhone in and select it in iTunes and select add Library in the App why the little remote icon will never appear for me to type in the code? Any suggestions to why this doesn't work?

OP
A
Reaction score
When you are in the App and click on the Add Library to punch in the code the remote icon never appears in iTunes where I can type in the code.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
When you open the remote app on the iOS device, you'll have to add the library, once you do this, it should pop up under the devices tab in iTunes. You then have to click this icon and it'll allow you to input the code that's on the iPhone screen. They should then be linked together.

7582a45cae.png

Reaction score
iPhone 4 remote issue

Hi i am having the same issue iTunes will not show me the password screen it just shows me my iphone. i have tried to do home sharing its great works once when my iphone locks and wifi turns off the remote says searching for library and wont connect unless i close itunes and re-open. Firewall is set to allow all itunes.

I know its only been a few days since the update and its frustrating trying to work this out!

Reaction score
Just to add another disgruntled Remote user.
Ever since they upgraded (or degraded as far as I am concerned) the OS for the iTouch/iPhone, the remote app simply does not work as it once did. The network signal constantly drops out. If the remote actually finds the iTunes library, the controls work intermittently.

My cynical self says that I suppose it works on the latest iTouch/phone devices. So are we now supposed to ditch our less than 1 year old devices and buy the new ones?

COME ON APPLE. BY ALL MEANS MOVE FORWARD, BUT TEST THE STUFF BEFORE YOU LET IT LOOSE, OR ARE WE YOUR TEST SITE?

And all this on the well documented fact that the battery discharge is now so ridiculously fast, I am charging now daily instead of 3/4 days.

Reaction score
not working either

Greetings all. This is my first post here, thanks in advance for your time and help.
I'm having the same issue. I've got a MacBook running Snow Leopard with all software updates applied, using iTunes 10. My iPhone 4 is running iOS 4.1 and just upgraded to Remote 2.0. I should not that the previous version of the Remote App was working just fine with iTunes 10.
I started home sharing using my iTunes account in iTunes. Also set the preferences to search for iPad, iPod touch & iPhone remotes & setup iTunes to share my library on the local network. I used the same iTunes account when setting up sharing on my iPhone. Both devices are on the same WiFi network and my firewall is turned off on my MacBook. My router has some firewall settings but they allow all local traffic by, just for good measure however I added the two ports that Remote app for iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch can't connect to iTunes or Apple TV lists.
Still can't get it to connect.
So here is what my iPhone is doing:
When I turn on Home Sharing on the iPhone it asks for the same iTunes account I used on the MacBook, which I then type in. It verifies it, flashes a screen really quickly(too fast can't see what it is)and returns me to the previous page where the only option is to tap on "Add iTunes Library". Up to this point does not seem to have found my iTunes Library or MacBook. I then tap the "Add iTunes Library" button and it gives me a 4 digit passcode that I'm supposed to enter into iTunes by clicking on my iPhone under devices. And that's just the thing, my iPhone NEVER appears under devices.(This is not the devices under the preferences pane, my phone is listed there. The devices it refers to is in the left hand pane where it shows your Library, DJ, etc...)
If anyone has a solution please post it here. It would be great to have the Remote App working again like the way it did before I upgraded.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.