Need recommendations for in ear buds.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
For the past few years I have been using bluetooth headphones at work, Which are great but my employer is putting a new policy in effect no more bluetooth devices period. I need recommendations for a good pair in ear buds, I can use with my iPod nano. Need something durable that won't fall out (Like the Apple earbuds do)

Any ideas?

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
What's your budget? Cause they can come in different price ranges. Ranging from the cheap side 10 dollars and to the expensive side 1 grand plus. >_>"

The one grand plus ones are molded after your ear canal so they definitely are comfortable and won't fall out easily. >_>"

OP
bargsbeer
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Oh forgot that part, I'm looking to keep it in the $25-$60 price range, I tend to go through headphones about every 8-12 months at work. I would imagine earbuds will only last 6 months tops.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Believe it or not, JVC makes a pair of very comfy and very decent sounding in ear phones for less than $20 when you find them online, as such: JVC HA FX34 Marshmallow - headphones - Ear-bud, Binaural - Black

They also sell them in brick and mortar stores such as JnR etc.. for about $20. If you're looking for a great bargain, these are it. There are also updated versions of this one, and they are about $40, but I find they're not worth the extra cash, to be honest. I'm actually using a pair of these right now, since my other in ear phones broke. Two different ones, actually.. My UE 5 Pro's and my back up UE's made by Altec Lansing/Etymotic. Stupid things broke in the same place... right where the cable plugs into them.

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13", 4th gen Touch
Look into the Sennheiser buds on Amazon. There are a few different models. I bought a set for $25, maybe one model up from entry level, and they sound fantastic. Get some that look like ear plugs and not buds.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
I love the Sennheiser CX400's for low-cost, but rich sounding ear-buds. I have a pair of Shures sitting in my drawer that barely get a look in except for audio editing.

OP
bargsbeer
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the input.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
I use skullcandy "ink'd" - they are pretty nice and sound much better than the included Apple headphones. They are fairly priced as well. Some people say they sound like crap but to be honest I prefer them over the included headphones.

My lady friend has the titan model, she likes them quite a bit. I don't like them much because I get static shocks from them, it doesn't feel nice getting a zap in the ears haha.

I love their warranty, so that's why I recommend skullcandy. I know there's a lot of long winded hype about them and many people don't like them and think they are all marketing and what not, but they stand by their products and that's good by me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13", 4th gen Touch
I love the Sennheiser CX400's for low-cost, but rich sounding ear-buds. I have a pair of Shures sitting in my drawer that barely get a look in except for audio editing.

Yep, those are the ones! It is also worth mentioning that these have unequal length cords, so they are designed to be worn with the cords behind the neck.

These are higher end buds than Skullcandy, but not big bucks like Shure.

The coolest thing about the plug-type buds is that they attenuate outside noise, so one doesn't need to crank the volume so high, and as a result, the battery on the 'pod lasts longer. They naturally drown outside noise out, so they're good for helping me to concentrate in my noisy office.

OP
bargsbeer
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for all the ideas (Positive Rep to everyone who posted)
I think I'm gonna go with the Sennheiser, They seem to have a really good reputation and so far haven't heard anything negative about them.

Reaction score
natural vilicels

Thanks for all the ideas (Positive Rep to everyone who posted)
I think I'm gonna go with the Sennheiser, They seem to have a really good reputation and so far haven't heard anything negative about them.

Careful with Sennheiser... we have their headphones at work and if you wear the wrong fabric and rub the wrong way in your chair they will shock the **** out of your ears.

I bought a pair of Skull Candy earbuds at Target for $9.99. I use them everyday and they are stereo surround sound and fit and feel great. Plus if you are really picky they come in a varity of colors. Skull Candy was also rated one of the best new headphones on the market comparable to bose for cutting out background noise.

Good Luck in whatever pair you choose. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5 iMac i3, 4gb,
I'll second the Skullcandy's. Don't have any experience with the others mentioned but I have 3 or 4 pairs (mainly tough to keep track of sometimes) and they perform well. They sound good and stay in your ears well. They come with different rubber pieces to customize the fit somewhat. Not to mention they are priced attractively.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Definately Skullcandy

- Simon

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.