applications folder

Reaction score
i accidentally removed my applications folder from my dock and when i go to put it back it uses the address book as the icon how can i get my original icon the blue folder with the triangle of pencil paintbrush and ruler back on my dock. Can anyone help me please!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Welcome to Mac-Forums!!

See this link: HERE

OP
T
Reaction score
ok i did what it said i right clicked on it in my dock but it pulls up the box with all the stuff in the applications folder like address book,automater, calculator, etc. it doesnt say anywhere display as folder. what to do next?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Try again. You didn't right click on it if it opened up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
ok i did what it said i right clicked on it in my dock but it pulls up the box with all the stuff in the applications folder like address book,automater, calculator, etc. it doesnt say anywhere display as folder. what to do next?

If right click still doesn't work, try control-click.

OP
T
Reaction score
ok thanks control click worked it comes up as a plain blue folder its not the same one it used to be it used to have the ruler pencil and paint brush on it is there any way i can get the original

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.