Photoshop Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.2Ghz, 2GB RAM20" iMac: 2.16 gHZ; 1GB RAM; 250 Gigz
OK, this is weird. Every time I try to fill an image with black, I get little white specks in it. instead of being black, it looks like a starry night. (The images are about 500x500 (pixels), with 8 bit RGB color and transparent background. See attached example.

any ideas why this is happening??

image 1.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
is that starting fresh with a new document... or could it be like that becuase of a poorly erased surface before you filled the area.

OP
PBG4MAN
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBookG4 said:
is that starting fresh with a new document... or could it be like that becuase of a poorly erased surface before you filled the area.
Its a brand new document. thats what makes it so strange....

T

Tel

Have you made sure that the pain bucket is set to 'fill: foreground,' and not 'fill: pattern?' If so, try opening the document, press D, press command + A, press G, make sure its set to foreground, put a tolerance of 255 and tell us if it still happens.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Tel seems to have a good solution for your problem, but if all else fails, try deleting the pref file for Photoshop. If you don't have photoshop cs, the pref file should be in the around the same area as this directory: /user/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop CS Settings.psp

F

fatalbert

Screen

Try covering your mouth when you sneeze. This works for me. :doctor:

OP
PBG4MAN
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for your help guys. Actually, turns out that the opacity settings on my "fill" dialog box were clicked down a bit, so that was causing the problem. But I appreciate the help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.