Strange uploading activity

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have got Superplusmeter installed and just noticed that it's telling me there has been about 1gig of upload activity.
Is there any way I can find out what this was? I haven't uploaded anything.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Could it be from visiting websites?
Every time you visit a website or click a link a small amount of data is uploaded.
I know that I haven't uploaded anything and it is 236MB down and 48MB up, just from web browsing and music streaming.

Since this is in the past I don't know that there is a way to find out what was uploaded or what application did all the uploading.
There are applications that keep a report on how much data a application downloads/uploads but they cost money and it would be to late in your case.

OP
N
Reaction score
I realise about how uploads can mount up. I was just surprised by 1gig during a 6 day period.

Are we all still sure there aren't any nasties for Macs out there?

OP
N
Reaction score
Silly me. Just realised what it might be.
I store all my music (iTunes) on my iMac, and stream it to my hi-fi. Think I just proved it is that.

Panic over.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.