I Need Help With an Ibook G4!

Reaction score
My sister's friend gave me her old ibook g4 that she had cleaned out for me. Mac OS X Version 10.4.2 was already installed, but because I'm not usually a Mac-user (and I'm a complete idiot), I tried reinstalling the CD's. The first CD worked fine. The second one cannot go past "Installing Keynote". The screen becomes blank and then the CD starts itself over again, but it NEVER gets past that point. How can I fix this?

Info on the CD's:
The first one says: iBook G4, Mac OS X Install Disc 1, Mac OS Version 10.4.2, Disc Version 1.0

The second one says: MAC OS X Install Disc 2, Includes Mac OS 9.2, Disc version 1.3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
The second disc does not appear to be an iBook install disc, and will therefore not work.
It should say the same as the first disc, but Disc 2 normally.
You need to find the machine specific disc, or buy them, or a generic Tiger disc.
That is not a cheap solution.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.