Java / Javascript Problems in Firefox, Safari, Opera

Reaction score
I'm on a 2.4 Ghz MacBookPro running Snow Leopard and the latest versions (as of today) of Firefox, Safari, and Opera. They all fail to properly load and operate this page:

City of Hot Springs

The icons are out of place, the list elements don't show up, the menus drop down in the wrong size with no text, the menus do nothing when you click on them, the info box has text when loading, but a broken link icon when loaded, etc. I will take screen shots if it might help.

I've got an old G3 running legacy OS and browsers that handles it just fine.

I've installed all the software updates available.

I'm stumped. All help appreciated.

zac

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
It has nothing to do with either Java or Javascript (which, as a note, are two very different things despite the fact that they both have "java" in their name). The website was designed with Flex which compiles the project to Flash content. The issue then is Flash. What version of Flash are you using on the machine that is causing problems?

OP
T
Reaction score
I don't remember, but I updated it yesterday. I think it's 10.

I'm trying to check my computer, but I don't know where to look. It is the most recent, as of yesterday.

zac

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
You can check your version here. If you updated yesterday though, you're fine. Is it only that Flash content that you notice issues on?

OP
T
Reaction score
Resolved! Thank you, vansmith, for your attention. It turned out to be a font issue: duplicates. I deleted all the fonts in my User\Library\Fonts directory, logged in again and it was solved. Resolving duplicates in Font Book wasn't enough, they had to be zapped. Same as it ever was.

zac

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.