New Canon printer - double sided page greyed out

Reaction score
Hey all,
I just bought a canon mp560 printer, that works beautifully, except it won't duplex print. I found the two-sided printing option under "layout" in my mac programs (pages, word, etc). But it's defaulted to off and greyed out so I cannot change it. I'm pretty sure I have the latest driver (I visited the canon website, but wasn't sure which one to choose). Any suggestions???

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The Canon MP560 literature states that is has auto duplex printing. However, I'm not sure that the OS X drivers provide that function. If it's not showing up in Pages or MS Word, it usually means that it's not supported. Unfortunately when Printer manufacturers advertise their printers, they almost always refer to those options available for Windows not OS X.

Best suggestion I can give you is go back to the Canon site and track down the latest drivers for the printer and install them. Canon usually has lots of software to download for their printers: Networking, wireless, trouble shooting, etc. Probably around 5 files.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.