Weird Problem

Reaction score
At the moment I'm having something strange happen on my mac,I recently switched ISP's and since then ive noticed the occasional dc, but one thing I found really odd was in my applications folder it keeps generating a file called upnp_trace.log, it makes 5 total then no more, if i delete them another 5 randomly appear a few days later after the odd dc has happened. Each files is 15kb in size and looking through they all seem to be identical jargon of some kind. Can anyone help?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you install any software from your new ISP on your machine? Are you running any network utilities? Look in your Login items and startup folder.

OP
R
Reaction score
I didnt install anything, I just had to sign up for the new ISP and it switched over. I looked in my startup folder and login items and there's nothing unusual there, I could post the entire log's worth of info if that would help?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Something is generating that log, and for it to be showing up in your Applications folder is even more unusual.

Just thought of something... Do you have Vuze installed?

See this LINK. Maybe it's the reason that log is being generated. Let me know.

OP
R
Reaction score
Ye I have Vuze installed so there's a good chance its related to that and harmless I guess, thanks for the help :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.