2 Macs on Linksys, 1 Can't Access certain websites

Reaction score
I have two Macs at home. Both are running through the Airport for internet. However, on my iMac, I am unable to see certain websites. Especially sites like Vimeo or Youtube. In fact, I can't play any videos on news sites like CNN or anything like that. My MacBook Pro can access any site without a problem.

Any thoughts on what I should do?

Attached is a picture of the two computers side by side, both connected wirelessly and both trying to access Vimeo, Video Sharing For You as an example.

photo.jpg

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
How are they accessing the internet? Wireless? Ethernet? Are you using a router? Using encryption? Network?

As you can see from the above questions.... without additional information from you, it's difficult for anyone to offer help.

OP
T
Reaction score
Response 2 macs on Linksys, 1 Can't access certain websites

Thanks for being willing to help. In my post I put that I was accessing the internet through the airport wirelessly on both. The MacBook Pro can navigate anywhere, the iMac can only access certain sites.

All software is up to date and the iMac works fine at my office, so it definitely has to do with my home set-up.

The iMac can go to sites like FB, CNN, Google and etc, but can't play any videos on any of those sites.

Hope that's helpful.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.