New Macbook Pro 13" having trouble loading web pages after apple one on one session

Reaction score
Ok so my previous macbook pro (early 2008 15" 2.4ghz 2gb) died on me suddenly one day last week when i went to class. I returned and it wouldnt power on, but the sleep light would light up and it made a sound like it wanted to start up I brought it to the apple store and it wasnt the video card so it wasnt something they could fix for free. It was either pay $600 to get it fixed or $1099 for a brand new mbp 13" (mid 2010 2.4ghz 4gb) so i went for that. I got the apple one on one service so they could migrate my account from my old mac to my new one because they actually had to take my hard drive out of the broken one to transfer my data.
Well now that i have all my info on my new mac things arent running as well as i thought they would. The internet is acting really weird and unpredictable..like i will click a link and it will take forever to load or jsut get stuck loading and i have to go back and click the link again or refresh for it to actually fully load the page. Also it doesnt run as fast as i expected also i know i didnt really upgrade spec wise but it is brand new.

I dont really know what i should do or try because ive uninstalled/reinstalled firefox and it does the same thing in safari and i've also checked for any updates and everything is good there.

Also i feel like my battery isnt lasting as long as it should, i only used it on the ride home from the apple store and it went from 45% down to around low 30's after about a half hour of use with wifi off. So at this point im just a little disappointed in my new machine and havent even had it for 48 hours. Someone please give me some suggestions.

oh and this is my first post nice to meet you

OP
K
Reaction score
Ok so my previous macbook pro (early 2008 15" 2.4ghz 2gb) died on me suddenly one day last week when i went to class. I returned and it wouldnt power on, but the sleep light would light up and it made a sound like it wanted to start up I brought it to the apple store and it wasnt the video card so it wasnt something they could fix for free. It was either pay $600 to get it fixed or $1099 for a brand new mbp 13" (mid 2010 2.4ghz 4gb) so i went for that. I got the apple one on one service so they could migrate my account from my old mac to my new one because they actually had to take my hard drive out of the broken one to transfer my data.
Well now that i have all my info on my new mac things arent running as well as i thought they would. The internet is acting really weird and unpredictable..like i will click a link and it will take forever to load or jsut get stuck loading and i have to go back and click the link again or refresh for it to actually fully load the page. Also it doesnt run as fast as i expected also i know i didnt really upgrade spec wise but it is brand new.

I dont really know what i should do or try because ive uninstalled/reinstalled firefox and it does the same thing in safari and i've also checked for any updates and everything is good there.

Also i feel like my battery isnt lasting as long as it should, i only used it on the ride home from the apple store and it went from 45% down to around low 30's after about a half hour of use with wifi off. So at this point im just a little disappointed in my new machine and havent even had it for 48 hours. Someone please give me some suggestions.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
First, welcome to the Mac Forums.

Please do not cross post (posting the same message to more than one forum) as is causes confusion and clutters the forums. Always post back to the same thread.

As to your problem: You really need to do a clean install on your new MBP and then restore your old data from backup. Make a backup using Time Machine first before doing a clean install. That should take care of the speed problems.

The battery: You need to calibrate the battery in accordance with Apple's instructions.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.