How to Edit File Info

Zii

Reaction score
I'm having trouble finding out how to edit a file info. I'm talking more specifically about music file information. I'm trying to edit the artist, album, etc.

Is there anyone who can please describe in a concise and easy to understand way how to do this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
In iTunes???

Highlight the track(s) in question:
Press Command+i
In the window that pops up, click the "INFO" tab. Edit whatever you'd like. Click OK when completed.

Welcome it Mac-Forums!

OP
Z

Zii

Reaction score
No. Not in itunes. When you go to finder and click on command I after highlighting the file, the info comes out. I want to change the info in there. But I can't. I know it has something to do with some complicated matter.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Not sure how to do that. Why NOT use iTunes to do it?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm having trouble finding out how to edit a file info. I'm talking more specifically about music file information. I'm trying to edit the artist, album, etc.

As RIDE pointed out, you do that from iTunes not file info. You can not enter information regarding Artist, track, album, and so forth from the Finder file info. You have to use iTunes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.