Mac shortcut help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 2.4GHz IC2D, 4Gb Ram
Hey, MF, I'm new here, I've found this site very helpful in the past but I have a question which I need to ask:
Is there any way, when a box displaying options such as "Don't Save, Cancel, Save" to select the "Don't Save" option through the keyboard? Usually enter is the main and Esc is cancel, but whenever it's Don't save I have to use my mouse, which I find kind of annoying. I mean, Windows can do it.
Is there any way? Hope so, thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Welcome!

Go here:
System Preferences > Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts > toward the bottom, check the "all controls".
5020777630_bcef54521b_z.jpg

When the dialogs that you mentioned are up, RETURN will "push" the button that is ENTIRELY highlighted with blue. SPACEBAR will "push" the button that is just outlined in blue. You press TAB to move through the various buttons.

Normally when that Dialog is up, they are highlighted so that DON'T SAVE is used with the Spacebar and SAVE is used with the Return key.
5020158219_b43aab6221.jpg

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 2.4GHz IC2D, 4Gb Ram
Never would've guessed otherwise
Thanks a lot! :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.