iMovie slideshow with multiple audio tracks?

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum but not to Macs.
I'm trying to put together a slide show for my wedding rehearsal dinner in iMovie (the version found in iLife 09). I have a ton of slides which basically tell the story of us bla, bla, bla. What I'm trying to do is set up the slide show so that the slides change to the beat of the respective song that is playing or at least when I want them to. I can toss in ONE song, add beat markers and then add slides on top and it works- but when I want to move another song in to set up markers for the next progression it won't let me. I've tried clipping the length of the track so that its not looking for more slides (basically trimming the greyed-out waveforms) but to no avail. There has to be a way to do this. Could anyone lend a hand?

C

chas_m

There are two ways to do this:

1. create a playlist in iTunes of the songs, then drag that playlist over the movie. This doesn't give you precise beat-matching or anything like that but you can adjust things to get close, and its very straightforward.

2. Use a real audio editor to create exactly the single joined audio of what you want, save it as a song, use it in iMovie.

OP
G
Reaction score
Still not working. I feel like I must be missing something. Add a song, add beat markers and then photos- done. Try to add a second song and nothing?
Weeeeeeak!
OK- is there another program I should be looking out for where I can pull this off?
Final Cut?

C

chas_m

Still not working. I feel like I must be missing something. Add a song, add beat markers and then photos- done.

Yes, you missed something. You missed what I said in my post.

Repeat: create a playlist of the songs in iTunes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.