Want to buy a case (MacBook Pro 15" unibody)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
Hello there,

So I recently bought a new unibody 2010 MacBook Pro 15" and I am looking for a case for it.

I'm looking for a case that is both protective (not very, but at least just against scratches), extremely slim, and stylish (a transparent one would be great).

I've heard from many people that hard cases aren't good because they scratch the notebooks, and that's what happened with my early 2008 MacBook Pro. I had one like this SeeThru for MacBook Pro 15" (unibody) - Clear - MacBook Pro 15" (unibody) - MacBook Cases - Speck Products but for non-unibody MacBooks and it was awful as well as expensive.

Any recommendations would be great. Thank you!

OP
Tarek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Here are two things that seem pretty nice and interesting. They're not actual cases, but more of protective layers in order to avoid scratches and such.

Moshi ClearGuard

Moshi PalmGuard

I assume those are very nice. Plus, I have this Case Logic Sleeve which is very nice. So I think the Moshi products would be a nice addition.

What do you think?

Reaction score
speck hardcase transparent u can get them at any apple store

i bought it with my computer and its been on since second 1

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13", 2.4Ghz, 250HDD, 4Gb RAM, o/s 10.6.4 -:- iPod Touch, 32Gb, O/S 4.0.2 (used mostly as a PDA)
I'm using a Hardshell from Incase on my 13inch Macbook Pro.

Adds hardly anything to the dimensions of the MacBook (e.g. mine still fits into my fairly tight fitting padded zip sleeve). Not see-through-transparent but slightly translucent so that the apple logo on the outside of the screen/lid still shines through. Allows acess to all the buttons & slots etc. It has a 'Soft-Touch' feel to it and plenty of colours to choose from. Not cheap but good quality. These cases sell in the apple stores in the UK, not sure about world wide.

I use the black one as, occasionally, I need the use of my MacBook to be discreet and pass the 'quick glance' test in amongst a sea of windoze laptops.

Cheers, Dave B.

OP
Tarek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you for the input, guys.

Wow, this case is just amazing Hardshell Case for 15" MacBook Pro (New) : Products By Incase

White is my favorite color and I was actually thinking of buying the new white MacBook just because of the color but the specs are just way too old and low.

I found a store here that sells those hard shell Incase ones but I am still waiting for their reply to whether they have the white color or not. I sure hope they do!

Thanks for the site.

Reaction score
I like the Speck cases too for my macbook... I have bought the satin version as I like the way it slides on stuff rather than plastic that has a tendency to cling to everything

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the BookBook case? I'm looking to buy that, but it's a little bit pricey. Any input on this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro 15" 2.4 GHz. Core i5 4GB 1067 MHz. DDR-3 Ram
I too have to cast my vote for the Speck Snap on cases. I have had one since the day I got my MBP. It is dark red and everybody at work likes the red apple on the lid.
Very reasonable at New Egg.com Russ

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2016 Macbook Pro 512g.15" 16g.ram Ipad2Air 64gb wifi+4g Iphone 6s 64gig
I have a speck snap on case as well, in satin black. It is also easy to remove if you need to.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2016 Macbook Pro 512g.15" 16g.ram Ipad2Air 64gb wifi+4g Iphone 6s 64gig
Well the case itself is actually a hard case with a black satin skin.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.