Logout w/o password when others are logged in

Reaction score
Hi, I just moved from mac to pc last year. One thing that bothers me though is
when I am logged in and she also logs in into her account (both accounts are password protected), when it is time to turn the computer off she just click on the shut down button without waiting for the prompt to enter her password because others are also logged in.

Is there a way to bypass this annoying prompt, to just shut down directly without having to enter Admin user name and password?

I've been searching for months but I can't find answers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
You shouldn't need to power off… but.. I don't believe there is a way to bypass it. I think it's there for your protection, so that open projects, documents, etc are not lost when another user decides to shut down the computer.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
You shouldn't need to power off… but.. I don't believe there is a way to bypass it. I think it's there for your protection, so that open projects, documents, etc are not lost when another user decides to shut down the computer.

Yep, for what reason to power off? Just let it go to sleep.

Or use log off when switching users.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.