Macbook battery acting strange

Reaction score
Hi all, I know there are tons of battery questions on here, so my apologies for being repetitive since I couldn't find anything that exactly pertained to this.

Last night I switched off my Macbook while it was on a 70% charge. It wasn't charging overnight, and when I turned it on this morning it said 0% (it's never done that before). So I plugged it in and checked out the system profiler that read "Replace Now" under the battery condition.

I decided I would attempt a recalibration to see what happened, so I charged it back up to 100%, let it sit there for a few hours, and just turned off the main power again a few minutes ago. For some reason, right after switching off the power the battery condition went back to "Normal".

Any idea what's going on and if I'm going to need to replace this thing pronto? The macbook was bought in September 2007, so the battery is 3 years old now. I'd estimate it can last about 3 hours from a full charge.

Model Information:
Manufacturer: DP
Device name: ASMB016
Pack Lot Code: 0002
PCB Lot Code: 0000
Firmware Version: 102a
Hardware Revision: 0500
Cell Revision: 0102
Charge Information:
Charge remaining (mAh): 3857
Fully charged: No
Charging: No
Full charge capacity (mAh): 4236
Health Information:
Cycle count: 807
Condition: Normal
Battery Installed: Yes
Amperage (mA): -1070
Voltage (mV): 12173

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Cycle count: 807 and 3yrs old.... you've done well :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.