HELP!!! Blue Screen HELP!!!

Reaction score
My mac wont boot up, it keeps freezing on the Blue screen before getting to the desktop.

I've done everything in the book, everything in the mac help, tried safe mode, single user mode......

Can anyone help???
I really don't want to reset it to factory settings and have to re-install mac os-x

Its driving me crazy................:\:\:Not-Amused:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Its driving me crazy................

Well, we certainly don't want the men in the white coats to come and have to take you away....;P

What happens when you boot the machine with your install recovery media? Have you tried to do a verify and repair by using Disk Utility from the boot DVD? Because, from your description it could be a failed hard drive. If the drive failed, it means a new drive and complete reinstall. Hopefully you've been making backups.

Reaction score
If after normal startup messages you have blue screen you may have a font problem. If the ATSServer doent like a font it freezes. You boot from the OS disc and in the terminal move or rename the Fonts folder. Or deleting the file /Library/preferences/com.apple.loginwindow.plist

That deletes the preferences folder or just rename or move it. And restart. See if your problem is solved.

OP
F
Reaction score
I've tried everything from Repairing the HD using the Disk Utility, to rebooting and reinstalling mac os x to using UNINIX commands and noting is helping..... Its not getting past the blue screen I suspect its the RAM, because when the PRAM was reset it made the situation worse, and it was after that the boot up wouldnt go past the blue screen

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I still suspect your hard drive is the problem. You should be able to check out the memory by using the Apple Hardware Test. Run the extended tests.

Reaction score
I still suspect your hard drive is the problem. You should be able to check out the memory by using the Apple Hardware Test. Run the extended tests.

Have to go with chscag ...now...You should of told every thing in the beginning. Sounds like your HD is crashed. Anytime you can not rewrite to the HD with a new system install its toast.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.