iPhone 4 OS 4.1 Pictures

Reaction score
I am not sure if this is really a newbie question but here is my issue. I had pictures on my iPhone and they were taking up quiet a lot of space, so i decided to delete them. So i went and deleted them one by one by touching the trashcan in the bottom right corner.

after i did all that iTunes still tells me i have over two hundred photos taking up space. No idea where those are. I have 23 of the factory background pictures and the phone tells me there are no pictures in the camera roll. ***?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
When you plug it into iTunes what happens after you press sync? Does it throw up any error messages? If you open the iPhone as a removable drive on your desktop or in My computer are there any of the camera roll photos in there?

OP
L
Reaction score
when i sync it no error message comes up. i use a mac and iPhoto opens up. so i do the transfer and as it prompts me whether or not to delete the photos from the iPhone i choose to delete photos upon completion of the transfer.

Transfer completes and selecting the device in iPhoto shows that there are no pictures as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.