Rock Band Drums on Mac

Reaction score
Hello. I'm currently running OS 10.5.8. I'm trying to get my Xbox 360 Rock Band Drums to work on the mac to use them on Garage Band. I've gotten the 360 controller to work for playing games just fine, but I'm having issues with these dang drums. I've got both the driver and Game Pad Companion installed. As I said, the controllers work just fine. When I plug in the drums via the USB port, the LED flashes green then goes off. I've read all over the web people doing this with success, but just as well people with the same problem as me. No one seems to know the reason behind this and I was hoping you guys here at the mac forums did. Thanks in advance

Josh

Reaction score
Can you explain a little bit more. What apps you are using when trying to make it work?

At least Rock Band 1 drums works well on Mac (Snow Leopard, newest updates) when you have
a) Drivers so you can see controller in your preferences panel on system settings
b) junXion where you can set what midi notes will be sent when you hit the drums
c) App like Logic, GarageBand or so on. I have only tested this with Logic Experss and it works well.

EDIT: If you use GamePad Companion, you might need to open "Caps Lock keyboard" on GarageBand. At least I had to open it when tested with GamePad companion on Logic.

Reaction score
Apologies in advance for bumping an old thread. I'm having exactly the same problem - I plug in the drums, the light flashes green then nothing. They work OK (at least gain USB sync) on every other computer in the house but nothing at all on my C2D MBP running SL.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.