FrankenBook wiring problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13. 2.26. 4 gig.
I'm in the middle of a project that is, well, ridiculous.

I've got a macbook core 2 duo with a broken LCD and a macbook unibody with a toasted logic board. I figured that my best course of action was to put the two together and *tada* a functional computer.

All has been working out- removal of each LCD was easy (once I got a T8 torx) and I've devised a system of foam pads that will hold the new, thinner LCD in the larger display case.

However, I have been met with a significant stumbling block. The pin connectors are different. What the heck? So I need to either find a two-sided 19-pin video cable or splice the two together. Since the former is highly unlikely, it looks like I'll be doing a nice splice job.

The only problem now is that I can't guarantee that the pin placement is the same. The isight lines are the same, but what about the rest? Does anyone know where I can get a wiring diagram for the displays? Trial and error is not really an option with 16 wires.

Thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.