Help with Airport!

Reaction score
Hello!

Well, I don't know what happened. I got home from school and I opened up my white macbook. The airport seemed okay but i wasn't detecting any wireless lan so I rebooted. When it started again Airports appeared like desactivated, I clicked on it and there was a message telling me that i dont have any airport card installed. I restarted and it was the same. I have windows installed via bootcamp. I restarted in windows and the airport is working fine. Actually I am writing this from windows on my white macbook. I did some research and some people said that restarting in safe mode would fix it but it didin't. I checked my HDD from mac osx 10.6 and from the install disc too. I even repaired permissions and all that. Still, it doesn't work.

What should I do?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Shut the machine done. Turn it on and immediately press and hold Command + Option + P + R. Continue holding until you hear the machine startup chime twice, then release.

That should do the trick. Let us know how you make out.

OP
Z
Reaction score
Shut the machine done. Turn it on and immediately press and hold Command + Option + P + R. Continue holding until you hear the machine startup chime twice, then release.

That should do the trick. Let us know how you make out.

that's how I reset the PRAM and NVRAM?
well, it totally worked! thanks!

I was getting desperate.. I was also looking for a new macbook :p or macbook pro cause it's been 4 years since i got this baby :3.

My problem is solved, thanks again.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
No problem, that's why we're here. Not sure why it does the trick, but I have a friend with a 2006-vintage MacBook and it had the exact same problem and resolution.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.