Disappointed

Reaction score
I've had my iPad for a little over a month. Other than my iPod, it's my first apple product. I've just recently learned that I can't use adobe flash player, which means that many of the reasons I got the Ipad no longer apply. I can't watch the work videos I need to among many other things. This is just so inconvenient. As cool as the ipad is, I am just SO disappointed in it now and wish I hadn't purchased it. Does anyone know any way around this ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.8ghz G5 5.5gb RAM
The lack of flash in iOS is pretty high profile. If that's why you were buying it I would think you would have tested it first (and learned of that limitation) That said, it does about a million things that aren't flash that are simply amazing.

OP
B
Reaction score
Helpful, no really

Seems like such a common sense feature to include since it's so widely used. Of all the things I expected to be different and/or lacking and thought I needed to research , this is not one of them! Still.....disappointed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.8ghz G5 5.5gb RAM
Flash is the new floppy drive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Sorry to hear of your disappointment. Not to put salt in your wound, but I'm also quite surprised you didn't research a little more before making such a major purchase. It is very widely known that iOS devices do not run Flash and that Steve Jobs has a great dislike of Flash.
But now that you're a member of these great forums, you have a very handy research tool at your fingertips. Just be sure to ask around and get a good idea of what you need/want before your next Apple/Mac purchase.
Perhaps you could call and talk to a Manager at the Apple store and let them know of your sincere disappointment and ignorance of the issue. 50/50 chance he/she will be nice enough let you return it regardless of being more than 30 days since you purchased. You never know, worth a shot. If not, sell it on craigslist or e-bay and use the $$$ to put towards a Macbook instead. You can view Flash websites on a MB. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
I thought a truce was in the works...

Reaction score
I can't watch the work videos I need to among many other things. This is just so inconvenient.

Do these work videos come in a Quicktime format? Can you download the video file and sync it with your iPad through iTunes?

Reaction score
What you could do is install airvideo on your ipad and work computer. This should be able to stream the video out to your iPad and do the conversion either on-the-fly or before sending it. I use this for my iPhone and it seems to work very well. There is a free version if you want to test it.

C

chas_m

Most of the big webvideo services (YouTube, Vimeo, DailyMotion) use alternatives (mainly HTML5) to deliver video on devices that don't support Flash (which includes almost every smartphone available, btw, so we're talking tens of millions of devices before you even start looking at Apple). I don't know where the OP is getting his videos from but this should not be a big issue (and isn't for most people, as sales figures attest).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13", 4th gen Touch
I wouldn't have checked to see if an iPod, iPad, or iPhone played Flash either. I would have assumed it, since it is an industry standard and since the iPad is advertised as being perfect for web surfing.

Try the streaming thing mentioned above, and if that doesn't work, sell it before the next generation comes out and kills your resale value.

Take some more money and buy a MacBook; you won't regret it. It sounds like that's what you really need anyway, if you're going to be doing work on it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I believe if a product or service wants to be viewed or available on the net they will find a
way to make it happen on the iPad it is still one of the hottest selling gadgets since the iPod and I don't believe they will ignore that market potential if they plan on moving into
the future.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13" Ultimate (2010)
This makes me wonder if somebody is on a fanboy hunt.

Reaction score
It's not entirely surprising that the iPad/iPhone don't have flash. App developers would go nuts of suddenly you could get all your entertainment from addicting games.com. More importantly though, Apple wants to keep their user's experience positive. I have yet to see an android phone that runs flash as good as a computer. Apple would rather have people complain about the lack of flash than its bugginess/reduced functionality on a touchscreen.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.