Snow Leopard hover problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
Hi I recently upgraded to snow Leopard Mac OS 10.6.3 I have a 15" Macbook Pro. 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and 2GB 1067 MHz DDR3.

Ok, here's what is happening. Whenever I am typing something, whether in an email, or somewhere else, SUDDENLY, my cursor goes elsewhere on my page, and my typing is typed somewhere else. It will also select an hyperlink, without me clicking on it....*argh*....:p

Also, I get this hover box (?) that shows this.

Stop
Open in dashboard
View Source
Print Page

This is very frustrating.....I am almost ready to uninstall Snow Leopard, and go back to Leopard.

PLease help?......

Thanks for your help in advance....

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Open up System Preferences, Universal Access. Make sure nothing was accidentally turned on - check all. If it was, revert back to default.

OP
Agabus
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
Ok, Thanks...I just went to pref...and did revert to default, and so far when I hover over a link, it hasn't gone in that direction. So, Thanks a LOT!!! I think this has fixed the prob. :D

OP
Agabus
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
Now about 3 hours later.....

*sigh*....it is still doing the hover info stuff on a page....:p....Kinda frustrating, to say the least.
Maybe some other fix will come in...thanks to all that respond....:) and now a few days later too, it still is doing the same problem. That suggested fix didn't help, (sadly)....I need some HELP!!!:'( ....Someone must have the fix...

Thanks again to all that help...

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK. Try the Universal Access trick again. Reboot the machine. Now, dig out your original install DVD, boot the machine with it, access the top menu: Utilities, Disk Utility. Highlight your hard drive on the left (top entry). Look over on the right side and select repair permissions. May take awhile.

Other than that, I can't think of anything else.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
If you haven't yet, I'd also download the combo update to 10.6.4 and install that - link.

OP
Agabus
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
Download up date...:(

About the download. I'm on a dialup connection. and that update is over 160MB. I hope to be somewhere soon that I can access a WIFI. Hopefully, it will be a fast connection, that will let me get it down in about 1 hour or less. I was at a place that had HughesNET, but that location, would take about 15-20 hrs to complete (at least that was the expected time).

And thanks for the suggestions. I hope both of these will work...

Best regards....

Agabus

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.