Convert webpages into PDF files?

Reaction score
Sorry, I am a total newb! One of my professors mentioned that we could email articles from the internet if we convert them to PDF files, but I have no idea how. Any ideas?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Paparazzi! is your answer. Point it at the URL of the website you want to save and then save as PDF..

The program is free to boot..

Regards

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I also found a program that I didn't know I needed..:)

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.8ghz G5 5.5gb RAM
What's wrong with the OS native print > save as PDF?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.

Have you, or has anyone else reading this thread, got the above method to work?

I got the keyboard shortcut entered, but Cmd-P simply brings up the usual Print dialogue, pressing P the second time as instructed just causes a warning sound.

The Print dialogue has the PDF option (lower left) but I can't remember if this was a standard feature before adding the PDF keyboard shortcut, or not.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.8ghz G5 5.5gb RAM
Yes. Been in OSX forever.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
It's working on my machine, and it doesn't matter if it press command+p twice in quick succession or press it again once the print dialogue is open, both time it opens the save as PDF dialogue.
Make sure that you write exactly the same as in the menu, one wrongly capitalized letter will screw it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Wow, I didn't know about this cmd p shortcut. Just tried it, the print dialogue box came up, selected the PDF and saved it. Worked a charm :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

I got the keyboard shortcut entered, but Cmd-P simply brings up the usual Print dialogue, pressing P the second time as instructed just causes a warning sound.

The Print dialogue has the PDF option (lower left) but I can't remember if this was a standard feature before adding the PDF keyboard shortcut, or not.

Adding the shortcut gave me the same result as you Hugh.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
This is new to me as well. Well the shortcut part anyways. Now I don't have to use the drop down menu to save web pages as a PDF.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Adding the shortcut gave me the same result as you Hugh.

I took the shortcut out, and the Print dialogue still has the PDF button at lower left, with the option to Save as PDF being Cmd-P being in its drop-down menu. Fodge may well make a very good point - "Yes. Been in OSX forever".

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
Update: - a reboot took out the Cmd-P instruction from that drop-down print menu, but the Save as PDF option remains. In other words, the Cmd-P keyboard shortcut, appears, to me at least, to be superfluous. Cmd-P goes to Print as expected, another P or Cmd-P does nothing. [Perhaps it's because 6string & I live in the S Hemisphere! ;)]

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.