pop ups...

Reaction score
Not sure, but is pop up is considered to be virus? It's like whenever I go to sites to do research or something I get this advertisement ad pop up thing.
Even the pop up blocker is turned on. I don't understand. Someone enlighten me here.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
It depends...a LOT of sites of pop-ups..and the pop-up blocker in the website only catches a certain class of pop-ups..a lot of websites now employ a different kind of pop-up that is harder to stop.

Depending on your browser, make sure you install the Adblock extension and that might stop more of these things..

There aren't any virus that run on the Mac that can cause pop-ups to appear in the browser, there are trojans but not sure if they do this either..

Regards

OP
K
Reaction score
It depends...a LOT of sites of pop-ups..and the pop-up blocker in the website only catches a certain class of pop-ups..a lot of websites now employ a different kind of pop-up that is harder to stop.

Depending on your browser, make sure you install the Adblock extension and that might stop more of these things..

There aren't any virus that run on the Mac that can cause pop-ups to appear in the browser, there are trojans but not sure if they do this either..

Regards
I see. I thought os x would be able to stop viruses... if it is considered a virus.
It's contradicting from what Apple site was saying..
regardless, where is this adblock extension? you have a link? thx.O:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.