Can I change menu font size?

Reaction score
I am running OS X Ver 10.6.4. My problem is that some fonts are way too small to comfortably read. For example, when using iWorks Numbers, the column & row numbers are very small. In Mail, if I start a new email, I cannot read anything less than 12 points. Since I am a recent convert from PCs, I was accustomed to be able to change these fonts through the display preferences. I've tried changing the resolution, but nothing really seems to help. Is there anywhere I can go to change this?

BTW, this is what is says under About this Mac - Displays:
ATI Radeon HD 4670:
Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 4670
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x9488
Revision ID: 0x0000
ROM Revision: 113-B8030C-253
EFI Driver Version: 01.00.367
Displays:
iMac:
Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes
Display Connector:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.8ghz G5 5.5gb RAM
You can't change the menubar or menu's fontsizes but virtually every application will have settings in their preferences for fonts. ie: Mail (menu) > Preferences > Fonts & Colors will allow you to customize the mail interface font sizes.
And in the finder go to View (menu) > view options and you can change the font size for folders and such.

OP
J
Reaction score
I think it's more a question of the visibility of the font, rather than just the font size. I think I should be able to read a size 12 font without straining. I can change the font size, but if I'm sending an email, I don't want to have to type it 24 font in order to see it, and then send it with this large font.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.