Problem with Safari

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 4GB 800MHz DDR2 SDRAM - 2x2GB/320GB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm/Mac OS Leopard 10.6.2
I used Appcleaner to delete an application and in the process ended up deleting over 100 plist files by mistake. After this my system preferences never got changed and I had to reinstall most of my applications. However, Safari is still giving me problems. My history never gets saved, and no matter how many times I clear the cache, bookmarks, et al, and then reinstall, my top sites comes back to how it was before I reinstalled. I am not able to save passwords, top sites or view history, no matter how many times I uninstall and reinstall Safari. Can someone please help me with this?

Reaction score
Maybe you should delete all previous Safari's files
Delete or move the Safari history file to the desktop.
/Users/####/Library/Safari/History.plist and other thing in Safari's folder.
Then just reinstall it.
I think it should help you.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 4GB 800MHz DDR2 SDRAM - 2x2GB/320GB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm/Mac OS Leopard 10.6.2
Okay, I will try that now. Thanks

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you so much :) It seems to be working fine now :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.