Macbook pro power issues!

Reaction score
So my macbook pro was working perfectly fine half an hour ago... I shut it down and it wont turn back on. If i hold the power button in it turns on (like I can hear it) and immediately shuts off...The screen stays black. I tried taking out the battery and power cord and holding the power button for 30 seconds. I also tried starting it with just the power cord and no battery in, and the other way around too and it still just turns on for 2 seconds and immediately shuts off....what is wrong? what should i do?

Reaction score
Could be humidity

It's funny that your thread is above mine!

Are you in a humid environment, if so find some aircon, sit the machine in it for a while and see what happens.

It would be freaky if this works.

Otherwise reset the power management system. You will need to look up the correct procedure online for your model.

Adam

Reaction score
Battery Problem

Hello V + A

Sounds like we are having the same problem. New here as I have never had a problem with my mac book. As of this evening my baby wont turn on unless plugged into mains. Plug it in to mains and it boots up. It attempts to start but turns off straight away unless plugged in to mains. Is a new battery required (I hope not only a couple of years old). It has been plugged in a lot lately as I have been using it all day every day. Ps I am in uk no air con here needed, shall I stick it in the fridge for 5.

Reaction score
Sounds like you got a battery problem.

Have you reset the power management system. Go to the help forums to find out how to do this for your specific model.

I would not reccomend the fridge trick:Lips-Are-Sealed:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.