PS3 and AE

Reaction score
Hello,

I just moved in to a house and am very confused by the Airport Express. I have a Macbook and once I moved in I asked my housemate what the passcode was and she told me that I didn't need it for the Airport Express. I was quite perplexed by this, but after I turned on my computer she went to Open Network Preferences>Advanced and highlighted the network name and that it was a WPA Personal. Pressed OK and I was online.

Great!

But I'm confused, because I don't have a password stored in my computer for this AE. I am connected to it, but I don't have the password to access it.

Now I am setting up my PS3. I can recognize the AE, but I am consistently asked for the password.

I don't know what it is and neither does my housemate. She knows less than I do about computers. All this stuff was set up by a guy that lived here a long time ago.

Why is it that my Mac can connect to the AE without a password and not my PS3. Also, how do I get my PS3 to connect?

Any help is appreciated.

Reaction score
It's just impossible:)
Check all settings on your PS3 and AE you try to connect to)
Have you ever tried to leave the Password field blank and just click ok?

OP
B
Reaction score
Hey MacKeeper,

Yep I have. With my PS3 if I leave the field as none for the password or with the WPA as nothing it won't connect.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.