MacBook Not Turning On...

Reaction score
Hi all,

So, my Macbook is now 4 years old and hanging together by a thread...

Here's the problem-

The MB wont run with a battery in it. After a trip to the genius bar I'm told its either the logic board ($$$!!!) or the battery connector thats the problem.

I've just ordered a new battery connector off ebay (gotta give it a try...) but before I could do that, I had to open my MB up and check whether the battery connector was the gapped type (part no. 922-8129) or no gaps (part no. 922-7578). Its the latter.

So, after putting the connector back in until my new one arrives, I put the machine back together. Now, it wont turn back on. Here's what happens on startup-

After pressing the power button (remember, no battery connected, just the charger) I get the sound of the optical drive sounding the way it usually does except it seems to stop making its usual noise as if its caught on something, then it retries a few times then... nothing. I can hear the HD and fan working and the white light on the front of the computer comes on bright (as it would it the computer was on and not sleeping). Nothing happens with the screen at all, it doesn't light up at all. Also no Apple startup sound...

Any ideas...?

Thanks in advance...

J

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
So, my Macbook is now 4 years old and hanging together by a thread...

Any ideas...?

Yes. If your Macbook is truly "hanging together by a thread"...then it's probably time for a new computer. New, used, or refurbished...your choice.:)

At some point it's just not financially intelligent to keep putting more money into a bad computer.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.