MBP running Windows 7 and Ubunu by bootcamp?

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I would like to ask if there is possible way to install Ubuntu on my Macbook Pro. Currently, I have Windows 7 installed via bootcamp. Everything works flawless as usual. Now I want to install Ubuntu also via bootcamp in my MBP and still want to keep my windows 7, I don't know if it is possible to do that.

What i am thinking is, in the Mac OS, I will use disk utilities and make some space for the Ubuntu, then start intall Ubuntu. I don't know if I do like this, it is gonna screw up my machine and I will lose all the OS.??

Any helps or advises would be appriciated. Thank you

Regards,
SG

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I would highly recommend running Ubuntu (or whatever Linux distro you choose) via fast virtualization. There's very little benefit to running it natively, especially since VirtualBox is free.

Yes, you can setup a triple-boot scenario, but IMO, it's not worth the hassle when it runs just as well in a VM.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.