2009 Macbook Pro 15 Inch Question about the eye candy

Reaction score
Ever since day 1 when i bought it, the eye candy slightly lags whenever i scroll across my dock with the magnification on or when i minimize a window, view expose, etc.

but when i put in my magsafe charger, everything runs smooth as silk and nothing lags...what the heck? i searched up google and youtube to figure a setting i can change perhaps, and the only thing i came across was going into system settings, energy saver, and deselecting better battery life and selecting higher performance, but the thing is that those options are not there at all! i dont see them.

so what do i do to fix this issue? =) please help, thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 13 2.5GHz 121GB SSD
Run a hardware check (insert OSX install dvd and hold the D key as you startup). Sounds like the discrete graphics chip might be having trouble, but the integrated is still working.

OP
D
Reaction score
Run a hardware check (insert OSX install dvd and hold the D key as you startup). Sounds like the discrete graphics chip might be having trouble, but the integrated is still working.

i did that and nothing was wrong and said "look in manual"

any other tips? =/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.