Macbook Pro Sound cutting out sporadically

Reaction score
Hi guys

I got a new Macbook Pro 15 earlier this week and its been great so far except that a sound problem on it has got increasingly worse.

Basically while I'm listening to music on iTunes, watching YouTube, movies, anything with sound, the sound will intermittently cut out for about 1 to 5 seconds then return for a few seconds then go again. WHile this happens often the red headphone light flashes a little bit as well.

I've tried plugging headphones in but then the problem continues, except that it shoots the occasional burst of sound out of the main speakers.

Is there any solution to this or will I have to send the Mac back? I have a Apple Care Protection Plan but I go to Uni next weekend and could do without the hassle of trying to get a Mac back and then returned.

Cheers

James

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
If you go straight into Apple, since it is in the first week, they should swap it out for a new Mac :)

OP
J
Reaction score
Do they do it straight over the counter? Because there's an Albion "Licensed Apple Seller" or whatever they are in the town near me but the closest proper Apple store is probably London

Going to Uni in Birmingham would the Apple Store there be able to do it the morning I go up there to move in?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Any apple store will do it over the counter.
Apple Return policy.
"You have up to 14 calendar days from the time you receive your item(s) to initiate a return"
I return the first 2 MBPs I got that were faulty for over the counter replacement before I got the 3rd time lucky one :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.