Quality Control ?

Reaction score
Just bought my first, maybe my last, Mac Book Pro .......
straight out of the box and faulty !!!!!

Horizontal lines across the screen :(

Where is Apples Quality Control ?

Is this the place to mention that my HP ??? failed after 13 months ?

Or that my two ASUS computers have worked faultlessly from day one and continue to do so ???? The 10 year old model is now retired and the netbook
lacks some functionality hence the Macbook .....

Am I just unlucky ....... or is it just American laptops ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
You're unlucky!
Do you have any idea how many items people have purchased with something wrong (out of the box)?
Do you understand that mass production leads to a few items getting under the radar?
Do you have any idea how many Apple products have been sold without any problems?
These are all rhetorical questions!
The good news is, that when you deal with Apple about this faulty Mac, the customer service is far above and beyond any company that I have dealt with, and I believe that my sentiment is shared by majority of customers.
I have had way worse luck than you have, but I am not going to get into that.
At the end of the day, if you just received your MBP, take it back to Apple straight away, and they will swap it out for a new one, listing yours as D.O.A.
If you wait past the (I believe 7 or 14 days), then they will look at it and either repair or replace it.
I do recommend though, that you call or go in there with a more positive attitude than your first post here is portraying :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Apple returns:
"You have up to 14 calendar days from the time you receive your item(s) to initiate a return."

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Just bought my first, maybe my last, Mac Book Pro .......
straight out of the box and faulty !!!!!

It happens, unfortunately -- with all consumer electronics. That's why they are warranted against manufacturer's defects.

Horizontal lines across the screen :(

Where is Apples Quality Control ?

In the factory at Foxconn ;)

Is this the place to mention that my HP ??? failed after 13 months ?

Or that my two ASUS computers have worked faultlessly from day one and continue to do so ???? The 10 year old model is now retired and the netbook
lacks some functionality hence the Macbook .....

Am I just unlucky ....... or is it just American laptops ?

No such thing as an "American" laptop. It might be made by an "American" brand, but they're all made in China/Malyasia/Taiwan under contract. As a matter of fact, ASUS has done manufacturing for Apple in the past. They do make a solid product.

Take it back to the local Apple Store, they'll probably swap it out with no issue. Like I said, it happens - don't let it dampen what should otherwise be an enjoyable experience.

Welcome to the forums.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
What's with all this big hassle? Why not just return it like a normal person?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Just curious, do you react the same way with any other electronic device that malfunctions shortly after purchase or do you rush back to the place of purchase and either return it or get it replaced? Why would you react any differently to Apple's products?

Regards

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.