How to see/use a shared WIN VISTA folder on iMAC 10.6.4?

Reaction score
Morning guys and sorry for the the boring topic which, I am sure it's the the most common problem in the universe. Sharing stuff between WIn and MAC and viceversa.

I have tried to find something in the forum but nothing really helps me to fix the problem.

I have just bought an iMAC with MAC OS 10.6.4 and I have also a HP laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium.

Now, I have shared a folder on my iMAC and I am able to see and use it on my laptop but I am not able to share an existing folder on my laptop and see and use it on the iMAC.

The folder I want see and use on the iMAC is already shared on Windows and both computer are on the same workgroup name etc..

Any help please?? I am absolutely new in the MAC world so sorry if it's a stupid problem :-(

Thank you
Antonio

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
Sounds like you got it part way working - for reference for others
Mac 101: File sharing
Which is the part it sounds like you got working.

How have you tried to get to the folders? One sure almost sure fire way is to go to finder -> Go menu -> connect to server
In the field enter
smb://192.168.1.69
replacing the ip address with the proper ipaddress of your laptop - or if it resolvable put in the name of the laptop.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.