Can't print from Windows 7

Reaction score
I suspect this is a common problem, but my searches have been unfruitful.

I can print from my OS10.6 Mac docs, but when I try to print from Windows 7 via Parallels 5, I have to exit Parallels first. Even then, I can sometimes print the file after sending it to my HP 6510 Officejet printer, and sometimes I can never get it to print.

I've tried hard to fall in love with my Mac, but I swear, we still need more marriage counseling to make this relationship work.

Thanks for your guidance,

Betty

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you install the Parallels tools? Installing them varies depending on which version of Parallels you have. You may have to check the Parallels documentation to learn how. If that doesn't help, you might be able to get better assistance from one of the Parallels experts in their forums.

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks, Chscag. I haven't had other problems with Parallels, which I installed myself. I'll try the Parallels forums.

OP
B
Reaction score
I'm up and printing. Enabling Printer Sharing was the key.

Maybe I'll be able to live with this errant (Mac) mate after all, but we still have a few differences to iron out.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Thanks for posting back. I was under the impression that when Parallels was installed Printer Sharing was turned on automatically. Anyway, glad you got it working. May you and your Mac live happily ever after! O:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.